Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2013 Winston-Salem Open.
If you are interested in volunteering please click here to submit an online application.
We will be in contact with all those who submit an online application after July 1st.
• Ball persons play a very important role in the overall operation of each match. Their primary job is to retrieve balls when they are out of play.
• All ball persons must know how to keep score, move quickly, endure long matches in the sun and work well with others on a team.
• Must be 13 years old by August 17, 2013 (proof of age required) in order to try out. Must be mature, have good hand-eye coordination, and possess good citizenship. All applicants must be able to attend tryouts and practice to be considered for this position.
• Volunteers will be responsible for locating the credential request, processing and printing credentials.
• Volunteers must have basic computer knowledge.
• This committee will be the main source of information for all tournament patrons. They will answer questions and provide details and updates on the tournament. Guest Services will serve as the location for lost and found. Guest Services Volunteers may be located at the main gate or in the Guest Services tent located in a kiosk inside the main gate.
• This position requires good customer service skills. Must be 18 years of age. Familiarity with the tournament is helpful, training will be provided.
• Responsible for all matters surrounding events at host hotel including setup and upkeep of hospitality rooms.
• Will serve as liaison between hotel staff and tournament staff.
• Must be familiar with the area and venues around tournament site.
On Court Events
• Volunteers will be responsible for assisting with all special events taking place during their shift time. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: set up and breakdown, registration, product distribution, crowd interaction, etc.
• Assist tournament operations and facilities staff with event daily set up and management.
• This volunteer position may require heavy lifting of up to 75 lbs and requires a minimum age of 18.
• This committee will assist partners with sampling and product distribution on property.
• Volunteers will be tournament grounds during shifts conducting surveys, distributing product and samples.
• Volunteers will work the two gates checking and scanning tickets and directing ticket holders to their seats. Ushers are also responsible for patron access into the site, checking all tickets and credentials.
• Ticket Takers must be at least 17 years of age and able to work in sun and heat. Must be able to stand for long periods of time if needed.
• Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of tournament office.
• Answering phone calls regarding general tournament information, directing calls to appropriate tournament staff or areas.
Transportation – Drivers
• Transportation committee greeters meet tournament passengers in the airport baggage claim area and assist them by directing them to our vehicles.
• The transportation committee is responsible for providing transportation for all players, coaches, VIPs and umpires to and from the airport, motels, and the tournament site as needed.
• Volunteers for this committee must be 25 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and a good driving record. A background check of your driving record will be conducted. Drivers should have good working knowledge of the area and routes to local airports and venues. Volunteers must possess the ability to remain professional at all times.
• Volunteers will work the main stadium and outside courts checking tickets and directing ticket holders to their seats. Ushers are also responsible for patron access into the main stadium, checking all tickets and credentials.
• Ushers must be at least 17 years of age and able to work in sun and heat. Must be able to stand for long periods of time if needed.
• This committee will assist security around the perimeter and inside the venue. Their goal is to make sure players and patrons have trouble-free enjoyment of the tournament. They are responsible for taking customer patron tickets at site entrances, granting access to certain areas, and assisting with overall security at the event.
• This volunteer position requires a minimum age of 20. Volunteer must be mature, alert and possess the ability to vocalize direction. Security will work in conjunction with the security company and tournament operations.
• Volunteers assist with uniform and daily credential distribution, volunteer comments, suggestions or complaints and act as the liaison to tournament staff. They also oversee the volunteer lounge, information and scheduling boards. They provide additional volunteers for uncovered positions.